Monday, February 20, 2012

Fruit Nachos, Salad & Spaghetti Squash

I wrote most of this last night with the intention of posting it first thing this morning.  It's now 11:30!!  Kai's home for President's Day and I have a feeling that when she's home full time this summer the blog's going to suffer.  But honestly, if it was between watching & then performing in a one of a kind show...dressed up as BEAUTIFUL princesses, would you stop to blog?  I think not. :)


_______________________

Want to know how to start a day off right?  How about with some fruit nachos!!!


Once again I pulled out the Slice-)-Matic and sliced up an apple and a pear. Then I topped that with a single-serving pouch of Jusin's Chocolate Hazelnut Nutbutter, Dry Oatmeal, Chia Seeds, Flax Seed, Pumpkin Seeds, Cinnamon and Raisins. 


It was a BIG plate of food but I had no problem finishing it!  No problem at all. :)

Lunch was a quick salad with a side of potato chips and a cup of apple cider vinegar for dipping. 



The Salad was a bed of spinach topped with salsa, sweet pepper, nutritional yeast and black beans.  I intended to also add avocado but I'm just now realizing that I completely forgot.  D'Oh!



For dinner the Hubs wanted pizza but he didn't tell me until 4:30 so there wasn't time to thaw out the frozen crust, sauce and sausage I had in the freezer.  Instead he and Kai had left over Salmon Patties from the freezer and Kai and I had a DELICIOUS spaghetti squash.

The "sauce" was sauteed onions and a can of diced tomatoes.  Once those were heated through I used an immersion blender to smooth it out.  Then I added some chopped mushroom, chopped Kale and white beans. 


The squash itself was pierced all over and then nuked for 10 minutes.  Then I let it sit long enough that I didn't burn myself handling it.


De-seeded and then scraped into a bowl with a fork....


Topped with the sauce and some nutritional yeast....


As a side we also had MORE potato chips.  I'm telling you...I'm addicted!! :)

Now tomorrow, Tuesday, is not just another Tuesday.  It's FAT Tuesday.  I'm pushing to have Gumbo but the Hubs has nixed that idea because we don't have any shrimp.  He wants to have Nachos.  I love nachos!!  Really I do!  But they don't seem very festive.  I think our compromise will be that Kai and I have a gumbo for lunch instead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment