Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Eats

Yesterday I talked about what we'd be enjoying before/during the Super Bowl but believe it or not, I ate more than just my mom's pretzels and Chili Dip this weekend....

Both Saturday and Sunday started off with oatmeal...

Like you didn't see that coming!

On Saturday I drank the other Coconut water that I bought on Friday.  This one was Mango Peach and it was far and away my favorite.  I thought I liked the Lychee until I had this one...I could have drank 4 more of the Mango Peach!!


Saturday's Lunch was a super quick soup... Like maybe 10 minutes to make.

I filled a pot with some Veggie Broth, added Frozen Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots & Okra and brought all that to a boil.  Then I stirred in a whisked egg.


Into a bowl it went with a bit of Nutritional Yeast and Tamari (Soy) Sauce.


That was followed up with a delicious pear.  :D


Dinner was thanks to Catholic Schools Week.  The school gave all the parents a box of 3 Boboli Pizza Crusts & Sauce.  I'm still not sure why, but I'm not one to look a gifted horse in the mouth. lol!


I pulled out one of the crusts and sauce packets and put the other 2 in the freezer for later use.


Onto the crust went some Olive Oil...

See me using that silicone brush?

And some Minced Garlic...

There was some discussion last week about whether people really use them.
My boss mockingly called me a "Stay at Home Mom" since I use it
most often to "paint cookies" because it's easier than giving a toddler a knife.
That's right, my "BOSS" called me a "Stay at home mom"....
HELLO, Clearly if I have a Boss I'm a Work From Home Mom! lol!!
 Back to the pizza, I also added the sauce (obviously).



Then topped it with 1/2 veggies and 1/2 Sausage, pepper & cheese.


And baked it until the cheese was melty.


As a side we all had a nice salad (Kai's was more carrot & mushroom based and put on her plate)


For my dressing I whisked:  Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Black Berry Whipped Honey and Dijon Mustard. :)


On to Sunday...

Breakfast was oatmeal, just like the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that.  I love me some oatmeal for breakfast.  It's warm and keeps me full and I feel like it starts my day off on the right foot.

Lunch I wanted to keep light since I knew there was going to be a LOT of snacking once the food was set out for the game.

A salad made of  chopped brussels sprouts, kale, spinach, tomato, mushroom, sunflower seeds, and Dressing from Saturday's salad.


Then the snacking began!

I forgot to take pictures of the wings & tempeh. :(

Ants on a log, made with hummus and peanut butter!

Store bought goodies... Cheese Its, Pop Chips, Chex Mix...and
the Homemade Chocolate Meringue

The Chili Dip & Chips...with Avocado on the side for topping

My mom's Pretzels with a Honey Mustard, Garlic Cream Cheese
and Beer Cheese (crock) dipping options
I ate SO MANY pretzels.  And then when my mom left after the game she gave me the leftovers! AHHH!!  They're now safely in the freezer in the hopes to slow down my consumption of them! lol!!

Oh and before the game I added the trim to my door!!  It's now all done and Kai and I are LOVIN' IT!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment