Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Microwave Omelet

Another day, another breakfast.  Since Kai was home all day (Winter Break/President's Day) we started the off just laying in bed watching My Little Pony for an extra long time. :)  It doesn't happen very often that Kai wants to hang out in bed so I enjoyed my little 30 minute break. :)

But the good times couldn't last and eventually the "I'm Hungry" started.  I got up and told Kai she could have anything she wanted for breakfast...Jelly Sandwich it was.  Surprise, surprise!

With her jelly sandwich she requested strawberries and some broccoli. (I LOVE that she loves broccoli so much!)

I decided to try making myself a microwave-omelet.

Into a little glass bowl I whisked:  1 Egg, a splash of Almond Milk, Spinach, Mushroom and Broccoli.


Then I microwaved it for about a minute and a half.


We all know what I did next, don't we?

I topped it with some Nutritional Yeast.  I think I'm addicted!!


As the day wound on we split a cup of Greek Yogurt with some sliced strawberries and raisins on top.  Sorry, no photo though.  My camera was about to die so I planed to charge it...It's still not charged.  I really need to get my act together!

Lunch was another staple in this house...Quinoa cooked with frozen broccoli & okra.  This time we topped it with nutritional yeast and avocado.  MMMM, so good there was NONE left over for Frodo. :(


Around 3:00 we got hungry again.  Everyday at about 3:00 I get hungry.  I'm not sure if I've programmed myself to want a snack then or if I'm genuinely hungry but I see no reason to deprive myself. :)

A bowl of plain popcorn, raisins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and nutritional yeast sated that call to snack in no time flat. 

For dinner the Hubs finally got his pizza.  I pulled one of the Boboli pizza crusts & sauce packets from the freezer and put them in the fridge, along with a serving of ground sausage, on Sunday night to thaw.

When dinner time rolled around I topped the crust with some Olive Oil and Minced Garlic, the Sauce, and the rest of our toppings.  Can you guess which side was mine and which was the Hubs???


On mine went:  Spinach, Sweet Pepper, Mushrooms, Chopped Brussels Sprouts, Red Onion and Tomato.
On the Hub's went:  Pre-cooked ground Sausage and Mozzarella Cheese.


Then as a side the Hubs wanted Breadsticks.  After the last time when I made "garlic" bread and the Hubs called it flavorless, I decide I'd follow a recipe...and then double up the garlic. :)



In the end I just poured what was left from my jar of minced garlic into the bowl with the Olive Oil.  The Hubs LOVED these so I guess I finally have a winner...It only took 1/3 of the jar of garlic. lol!!

And the good news is that we're safe from Vampires for at least one more night. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit it, both sides of the pizza look yummy. And so do the pumpkin garlic knots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't tell the Hubs they were "pumpkin" garlic knots and his first comment was that the dough was the perfect "doughiness". That's all due to the pumpkin, baby!! :)

      Delete