Sunday, February 26, 2012

Missing Photos

Hi all!  Once again I disappeared on you over the weekend.  It's just so hard to sit down for any real length of time.  :)

I SHOULD have a bunch of photos for you but on Friday my camera died and then my phone (aka camera backup) died too.  Now, all I have to do is plug my camera in and 30 minutes later it will be all charged up again...but it's still sitting on my counter, dead.  Yup, for some mysterious reason I've not plugged it in.  If I were really smart I'd stop typing right now and go do that.  It's not like you'd even know.  But I'm not going to.  I refuse to be a slave to my electronics!  Yeah, that sounds like a good excuse. :)

So on to the pictures I do have....

Breakfast...Oatmeal with Strawberries, Pomegranate, Frozen Apple, Pumpkin Seeds and my standard Cinnamon, Chia Seeds and Ground Flax Seeds.


Lunch...Tuna Salad (1 can Tuna, 1/2 an Avocado, large squirt of Dijon Mustard & BIG spoonful of Greek Yogurt + chopped spinach)


Kai ate hers on Wheat Thins.  We also had some Microwaved Sweet Potato Chips and sliced Mushrooms. :)


Snack... Orange Soft Serve (1.5 Frozen Bananas, 1 Blood Orange, splash of Almond Milk - Blended until smooth)


And put into some "cake cones".


Second Snack.... Popcorn + Kale Chips + Sunflower Seeds + Raisins + Nutritional Yeast.  MY FAVORITE!!!


Dinner was at a friends house (Hi Claire!!)...we're planning our High School Reunion (15 Years!).  She knows I don't eat meat so made a potato soup with veggies, Hawaiian bread and dips.  YUM!!


Breakfast... Kai had a bowl of no-sugar-added Apple Sauce (she's on an apple sauce kick right now) topped with chia seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, raisins and Multi-Grain Cheerios.



I had an egg mixed with chopped spinach, nuked for about a minute.



And topped with Nutritional Yeast and Salsa.


Lunch was AMAZING!!!  I made Cheesy Chickpea Quinoa (1/2 batch).

Everything mixed and ready to cook....
 Seriously, it was SO GOOD!!  I will be making this again.


Quinoa's absorbed all that liquid.
 MMMM, My mouth is watering just thinking about it.


Everything Mixed.
 Only instead of putting it on top of Spinach I made Kale Chips.


Before Cooing at 425 deg.

10 minutes later...All "chippy"
 And then the whole thing was topped with some sweet peppers. :)



The Rest of the weekend was un-photographed.  There was a visit to Aunt Beth & Uncle Dougie's where Kai got to play with her cousins Landon & Logan.  And we took a couple walks when the weather was nice.  When it wasn't so nice (ie cold & wet) I did Yoga at home.  A while back I downloaded a free app called Pocket Yoga.  There are 3 options (Ocean, Mountain, Desert) which you can choose from, then you choose the length (30, 45 or 60 minutes) and the difficulty level (Beg., Intermediate, or Advanced) and then you hit start.  I've tried 2 Intermediate workouts now and I admit I had to take a Child's Pose break in the middle...but I'm getting stronger. :)

Oh, and of course we finished up Kai's Poster.  She's the Personality of the Week at school this week, which means she gets to make a poster about herself, take in special show-and-tells, pick the books to read, etc.  She's more than a little excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment