Thursday, February 16, 2012

Messy and Quick

Breakfast was a delicious bowl of oatmeal topped with mixed berries (a valentine's gift from the Hubs), shredded coconut and pumpkin seeds.  Kai had her standard jelly+ sandwich with a side of cereal ("No Milk") and berries.  Both of us cleaned our plate/bowl.  There are the pinnacle of our favorite meal to start the day.  The only way it could have been better would be if we had bananas! :)


Lunch was going to be a sushi wrap but it was a total mess of a meal.  Don't get me wrong, it tasted Great...but it was such.a.mess.


Since I didn't have any rice I decided to cook up some quick Quinoa.  1/4 C quinoa and 1/2 C water simmered until the water was absorbed.  Then I added 1 t Rice Vinegar, 1t Agave Nectar and 1 t Tamari (soy sauce). 


Then I *tried* to wrap it in some nori sheets with sliced carrots, sweet pepper and avocado.


It seemed like a good idea but without the sticky rice nothing really sticks together.  The good news is that we're eating in our own home so who really cares if it's a total mess?  The flavors were great so next time I'll probably turn this into some kind of a naked-sushi-bowl...

There was also a side of kale chips because we both LOVE them!

After lunch Kai and I were still hungry.  I'm not sure what it was but we were snacking fools!

First there was a smoothie...


Frozen Banana, frozen strawberries and frozen peaches with almond milk to thin it out.  DELISH!!

Next there were cookie dough balls that were a direct result of cleaning out some of the fridge.  I soaked the last of the dates with the last of the cashews and then blended them with oatmeal and flax seed.


I also ate a bag of dried mangoes and Kai had a bowl of cottage cheese.

Seriously, we were Snacking Fools!

When dinner time rolled around I realized I needed to actually start dinner...and it needed to be quick!  The Hubs had Hamburgers & potatoes on the menu so the first thing I did was quarter some small red potatoes and nuke them so that they were mostly cooked.  Then when they were done in the microwave I tossed them into the toaster oven with some Olive Oil and broiled them to get that nice crispy outside.  It was a total cheat but they turned out great. :)

While the potatoes were in the microwave I tossed approximately... 1/2 C black beans, 1/3 C oatmeal, 1 t flax seed & drizzle of water, 1 C Fresh Spinach, 1 T Nutritional Yeast and 1/3 of an onion into my Ninja and pulsed it all together.  That formed 3 patties that went into a hot pan where I browned both sides and then put the whole thing into the oven at 350°.

Once the potatoes and black-bean burgers were in the ovens, I pulled out the George Foreman Grill and put the Hubs Hamburger patty on it to cook.  ...and I nuked some CA Mix Veggies with some Green Beans.

Exactly 30 minutes later dinner was ready....


I put my black bean burger on a nori sheet (still out from lunch) and topped it with salsa.  (I also wound up eating the last burger with salsa on top too)


The Hubs had American cheese on his with a side of potatoes.  He also ended up adding some lettuce to the top. :)

Apparently I didn't photograph Kai's but her's looked a lot like mine...only on 1/2 a hamburger bun instead of Nori (She doesn't get a full bun because that's all she would eat) and a slice of American Cheese (no salsa).  Without trying it, she decided she didn't like the black bean burger so only wound up eating the veggies and cheese. :(


After dinner I made Kai and I another smoothie because, well, the first one was so good we both wanted more! :)


As for today's lunch....I already know that I'll be enjoying Pizza Hut Buffet with some girl friends.  Is it too early to be hungry for lunch??

No comments:

Post a Comment