Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Hubby!

As of Sunday the Hubs was officially older than me. lol!

So let's all give a big shout out... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!


Yes, we sort of celebrated on Sunday.  I made him bacon & eggs for breakfast, he opened his present (which we'll be exchanging soon, lol!) then we had pizza for lunch and the Colts came so close to winning, there was buttered noodles & shrimp for dinner and all along we had Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes to celebrate with.
One of the Hub's Favorites!
Then last night we celebrated some more with my parents & BW3s, the Hub's favorite place to eat.  We actually wound up getting take-out and since they don't offer any meatless options I decided to make up my own food rather than spending $10 for a salad that's sub-par. :)

I started with some Tempeh.  This is actually the first time I've made anything with it but I've been wanting to for a LONG time.  It's basically like un-processed tofu. :)


All I did was cut it into bite size-ish pieces and marinate it in a bag with Rice Vinegar, Tamari Sauce (soy sauce), Liquid Smoke and some Maple Syrup until I was ready to cook it up.


Then it was pan fried so that the sides were nice and crispy.


And tossed on a spinach, carrot, sweet pepper and pumpkin seed salad.


When the food arrived we all sat down to eat.  I added a side of Buffalo Chips to my salad which I shared with my dad since he didn't get the fries we thought he would.  It worked out perfectly since I couldn't finish them anyway. :)


Then it was finally time for cake brownies...topped with white chocolate chips.  YUM!


And for those of you who were wondering, here's the design I made for my cousin & her uber tall fiance...

Read one way it says Felicia (her name) and read the other it says Cody.

This is the second time I've tried to create this style of name merging and I just love how it turned out.  People always think there's a formula to getting the letters to work together but it's really just about working with them until you get it to look the way you want.   Kind of like marriage, it takes some work but it's pretty awesome when you see the two parts come together.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment