Monday, November 14, 2011

A Day of Nothing

You get to see pretty much everything that I eat.  I may not show EVERY morsel from everyday but you definitely see the majority of what I make and you get the idea of the types of foods I generally eat.  So you can imagine what a day of chocolaty sweets did to me.  I was shaking like a leaf in a hurricane. lol!


Yesterday I paid the price for my indulgences.  I was tired all day.  My tummy hurt.  I felt overall yucky!


I'm feeling much better today (and am still looking forward to next year!) :) but yesterday turned into a sad day for a blogger.  I took no pictures.  I barely cooked!  What I did make was Crock Pot Chili.  Lately it's been one of my go-to meals since it's easy and I can make it in the morning when I still have all my energy. :)


CROCK POT CHILI


1 onion
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Diced Tomatoes with Chili
Carrots - chopped
Uncooked Kidney Beans -To Taste
Uncooked Wheat Berries - To Taste (I use about equal parts Beans to Wheat Berries)
* Peppers, Okra, Spinach, etc. - Add what you like
Veggie Broth - To bring liquid level to just below the top of the food (You want liquids for the beans & Wheat Berries to absorb)
Chili Powder - To Taste


In the morning...
Saute the onion.
Put everything in your crock pot on low.
Walk away until dinner time.


Top with Avocado, Greek Yogurt, Noodles, etc...


Old Photo - Same Taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment