Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What a day!!

What a day it was!!

Seriously, what a day!

I finished reading The Night Circus.


This book was recommended on NPR (yes, I'm a total dork who listens to NPR whenever I'm in the car).  If you're looking for something to read I fully recommend this book.  It's basically a story about an elegant Night Circus (open from dusk until dawn), which is the venue for an on going challenge between two "magicians".  They're not fighting each other but rather continually trying to one-up the other and at the same time falling in love.  I don't describe it very well (probably why I don't write book sleeves).  My only problem is that it tells the main story line which is set in one time line at the same time that it tells a minor story line which is set in the future.  If you read the chapter titles it's very clear from the beginning what the year is but I don't tend to pay much attention to chapter titles so I was a little lot confused at first. lol!

Now I've started A Discovery of Witches, which was recommended by a friend.  And while 99% of the time I finish a book before starting the next one, you best believe that if Mockingjay (book 3 of Hunger Games) becomes available while I'm in the middle of it, I will stop to finish that series.  I don't know that I've been so impatient to finish a series since Harry Potter.  I'm completely sucked into it and MUST know how it all ends. :)

Of course I also ate lunch.  Not very interesting and I didn't get a photo of it.

All I did was heat up some frozen California Veggie Mix (Broccoli, Cauliflower, & Carrots) then topped it with Nutritional Yeast and the left over Tempeh from the night before.


I may not have gotten a picture of my lunch but I did get one of this cute little guy just waiting for me to drop something...

Pretending not to look at me while his eyes watch my every move.

Then the Furnace Man came to do a check up.  Last Spring we had the AC checked and I signed us up to get it, and the furnace, checked regularly.  So I finally called to make the appointment for the furnace check and they said they'd come out that afternoon!  I was all ready with our calendar open so I could write it down and they say they can come out the same day.  Oh well, maybe next time I'll be prepared and get to actually use my pre-planning-ness. 

So anyway, the man came out and says, "Well, I've got some bad news.  You need a new furnace."  He had a little camera on a scope and showed me where our furnace was cracked and told me that the gasses are actually going out through our house and could make us sick.  Legally he couldn't even turn the heater back on. :(

Now, I told you my car wouldn't start on Monday.  It turns out I just needed a new battery.  Not cheep but it definitely could have been a LOT worse.  You know what's a LOT worse then the cost of a new car battery?  The cost of a new furnace.  But we're homeowners so we just have to roll with it.

Our fancy new furnace will be installed at some point today and then I'll be basking in warmth again. :)

In the afternoon I also took Kai to the Children's Museum to go see Santa.  She was super excited to go see him.  She was going to ask him for a horse.  She was talking about it all day. Then when it was our turn she got a serious case of the "shy" and wanted me to go tell him what she wanted. lol!  Fortunately Santa was really patient with her and did a good job of drawing her out of her shell.  She still wasn't about to have an actual conversation with him but we did wish him a Merry Christmas when we left.  I'm hoping to go back with the Hubs so I can get an actual picture of her with him. :)

And while we were in the museum the rain that hasn't seemed to stop in days became big fluffy snow flakes!  Kai was super excited and deemed that "Christmas had started".  :)

Eventually the day lead to dinner.  Again it was super quick.  Some frozen veggie mix heated up with black beans and then stirred in with some 90 second rice.  Rounded out with an Apple-pear.  YUM. YUM. YUM.



Everything tastes better when eaten with chopsticks.

Fingers crossed now that today will result in no breaks, shut downs, injuries or other misfortunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment