Friday, November 4, 2011

Hunger Games

I've been sucked in.  I kept hearing what a good book Hunger Games was so a couple of months ago I put it on my Library request list.  I was around person 300 in the queue so I had pretty much forgotten about it.  Then I got an e-mail that the book was ready to be picked up.  Yay, a new book to read!!  :)






Last night around 8:30 I decided that since there was nothing good to watch on TV and since the Hubs was busy playing Uncharted 3, I'd read the first chapter and then take a shower and then go to bed early because I was so tired....at MIDNIGHT I stopped reading and put on my PJs to go to bed (no shower, no early bed time)...then I decided to read one more chapter! I'm completely caught up in the story and I kept telling myself "just one more chapter". lol!


As for what I ate yesterday...


Since my mother-in-law's foot is still broken (is anyone else excited for when they finally invent those Star Trek Instant Healing Gizmos?)  I spent the day at her house, just to be there in case of an emergency.  With my lap-top and external hard drive I can pretty much work from anywhere. :)


Breakfast was on the go.  A pumpkin & apple smoothie which included:
1/2 a Frozen Banana
Oatmeal
Almond Milk
Pumpkin
Frozen Apples
Chia Seeds
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Honey


Big & Beautiful

Lunch I made at my mother-in-law's.  Since they just finished their move and haven't unpacked everything I decided it would be easiest if I just brought something to make.  So into a bag I threw a Spaghetti Squash, an onion, mushrooms, Spinach and a can of Tomatoes.  I nuked the spaghetti squash white I sauteed the onion, then added the mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach.  Once it was all cooked up I put it in bowls and topped it with some Nutritional Yeast. :)


So simple to make and all I needed was a bowl to cook the squash and a pan to cook the marinara.
Tastes better than it looks....
Actually it looks better than it looks! 

Dinner for the Hubs was left over Soup.  He loves the stuff like I love pumpkin!

For Kai and I, I tossed together:
1 can Chickpeas - drained & rinsed
2 small Sweet Potatoes - chopped
Couple Handfuls of Baby Carrots - cut in half
1 T Coconut Oil
2 T Lime Juice
2 T Agave Nectar (I'm still out of Maple Syrup *tear)

Then I roasted it all together at 500° for about 30 minutes, give or take.

Added to that was a side of Kale Chips.

Yes the Halloween stuff is still out...I'm getting to it!

Plus I made enough to use the left overs for today's lunch! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment