Thursday, November 10, 2011

Back To Work

Yesterday I was called into our office so I could be part of a staff meeting. I LOVE going into the office and seeing all my friends and talking to other adults and not having anyone tell me 5 minutes after they've eaten that they're hungry but don't know what they want.  Yes, I LOVE my daughter, to the moon and back, but working while surrounded by adults is so refreshing... Even if around 1:00 my laptop keyboard did suddenly decide it was tired and wasn't going to type anymore!  No amount of tinkering, restarting or button pushing was going to make it work.  You know what did make it work?  Turning it on in front of the Hubs.  Yep, nothing like attempting to show someone how something won't work to get it going again! :)


But before all that I made myself a breakfast to go...


A Green Monster Smoothie including...
Oatmeal
Avocado
Spinach
Frozen Banana
Chia Seeds
Almond Milk


mmmm, one of my favorite combinations!
For lunch the girls (and 1 guy) and I went out to Camille's Cafe.   I've been there once before but I think it's going to have to become one of my go-to West Lafayette eateries!  The Tomato Soup is SO GOOD.  If we hadn't been in public I would have licked the bowl. :)



My meal (which I didn't even think to photograph until after it was completely gone) included a bowl of Creamy Tuscan Tomato Soup and Apple-Walnut Tuna: Freshly made apple-walnut tuna, Swiss, lettuce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, and sprouts (I requested no Mayo).  Plus there was a side of chips and salsa.

When I got back to office I added an apple to my meal...and then a "Fun Size" bag of M&Ms that were sitting in the candy bowl.  :)

One of the other things I like about going into the office is that making dinner falls on the Hub's shoulders. :D

Last night was Quesadilla Night!  About halfway through my meal I thought to take a picture of the Hub's efforts...


That's a black bean, spinach & cheese quesadilla on a whole wheat tortilla with a side of chips and salsa.  It was so good. He may have to start making dinner more often. ;)

Then after all that, after Kai was in bed and we were all settled and getting caught up on some shows, after I decided I was still hungry and could hear it calling to me from the kitchen...I had a Mango.

Since we were out of Salsa the Hubs stopped by Walgreen's and bought a jar.  And that's how I got a mango!  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE that Walgreen's now sells fruit?  It's wonderful! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment