Thursday, November 17, 2011

Food Love Day

Today was a food love day.  Everything I ate was delicious.  But the most delicious part was some chocolate-almond butter humus (VERY similar to the dessert humus)


Oh, yeah!!
This morning/afternoon, after picking up Kai from school, we went to visit Grammy and Grandpa for a bit.  We snacked a little while there (Kai more than me - she's got Grammy wrapped around her finger!) and by the time we got home we were WAY past lunch time.  I decided to make up some humus since I didn't really want or need a full on meal.  Then I got to thinking...I want almond butter...and chocolate!  Of course I always want chocolate & almond butter but this time I had a real reason to make something with it. :)

Into the blender went:
1 can chickpeas - drained & rinsed
1/8 C Almond Butter
1 T Carob Powder
2 T Nutritional Yeast
1 T Maple Syrup
1/4 C Almond Milk

Blend until smooth and then taste test.  Taste test again.  And then at least one more time.  Ok, maybe I was taste testing it a lot but you gotta be sure it's good right?  If you have the patience, put it in your fridge so it can chill.   It makes a GREAT dip.  I can't stop dipping my spoon in it! :P

Then for dinner we were going to have some left over soup that I've frozen in the past.  But I didn't really want that.  I wanted the Hubs to make Quesadilla again.  They're just so good! :D

He asked me to chop up my spinach and heat my beans this time.  I did that, and then added some mushrooms to the pile.  He took one look and said, "There's no way all that is fitting in a quesadilla!".  :(


So then he made me 2!!! :D

Pay no attention to the dirty dishes in the sink. lol!

My plate (minus the 2nd quesadilla).  Yes, I also made a very small salad out of my left over filler.  I really did make too much!  BUT not to worry, it was all eaten. 


And can I just say how much I love our new Walgreens!  They remodeled it to include fresh foods.  I've bought fruit there a couple of times now. So this evening, when we realized we didn't have Salsa, I made the quick trip to buy some.  Since I was there sans Kai I took the opportunity to really look around.  I came out with some dried figs & apricots.  And a plan to buy some Popchips very soon (I can only buy so much in a single trip).  I've been really wanting to try Popchips but the call of figs was too strong.  I've never had them (unless you count Fig Newtons, which I don't).

No comments:

Post a Comment