Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'd rather be reading :)

Yesterday I dropped by the library to pick up a book that was ready.  When I went to the alcove where the holds are I discovered I had THREE books ready. And one of them was Catching Fire, the sequel to Hunger Games!!!  Needless to say I'm going to keep this post short and sweet so I can get back to reading it. :D

Our Snack:  Looking for a quick, delicious and nutritious snack?  Well after school yesterday we got home and Kai told me she was hungry.  Did I mention that at school she enjoyed a Thanksgiving Feast and that for once she actually ate everything on her plate.  And ate all her dessert.  I refused to believe that she also needed to eat a Tuna Salad sandwich.  So instead I made us a dip to eat with some carrots and crackers.

Into the dip went equal parts Greek Yogurt and Avocado.  Mixed together they were creamy, tasty and perfectly filling. :)


Dinner was also thrown together quickly.  By that point I had obtained my book and just wanted to read.  If the Hubs had offered to go get take out I so would have agreed but alas, I had to put down my book and make something to put on our plates....

ME:  Soup
1/2 Sauteed Onion
1 Can Hunts No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Cooked White Beans from our freezer
-brought to simmer & then blended until mostly smooth
Then I added bite size pieces of Kale leaf and some frozen Okra
Let that get warm and then enjoyed it with some Nutritional Yeast on top.


KAI: Nutritional Yeast & Jelly Sandwich with Veggies & Pretzels


HUBS:  BW3 Spicy Garlic Sauce Chicken Sandwich and Pretzels
- I just heated up some frozen chicken & added the store bought sauce to it. :)



...Ok time to get back to my book now... I only have about 35 pages left. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment