Thursday, August 11, 2011

Black Bean Corn Salsa

If I'm worn out then nachos tend to be my go to dinner.  There's not much to it - just pile everything onto a plate.


Of course if I'm having nachos then I also NEED to have salsa and I was out.   Fortunately I noticed BEFORE dinner time so I was able to whip up a batch.  Score! :)




Black Bean & Corn Salsa:


Equal amounts of  Black Beans & Corn
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Cilantro leaves


Mix it all together and let sit in the fridge for an hour+ so all the flavors meld together.


That's it.


And it adds so much to a plate of nachos....



Corn Tortilla chips, lettuce, spinach, left over taco-lentils, tomatoes, avocado, black bean & corn salsa & bell pepper.
And then garden grown cucumber, peppers & humus.

2 comments:

  1. So I thought EVOO was some weird ingredient that you keep in your house so I looked it up to see what it was. When it came up with extra virgin olive oil I felt stupid :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sorry about that. Don't feel stupid. I guess it just means you didn't watch as much Rachel Ray as I did. It used to bug the hell out of me that she'd say, "EVOO, that's Extra Virgin Olive Oil" EVERY time. I was like, We get it already!...but it would seem maybe not everyone got it. lol!

    ReplyDelete