Friday, August 12, 2011

Roasted Pear & Brussels Sprouts

For dinner tonight I modified a recipe from my Power Foods cookbook.  This is one of my go-to cook books since it keeps the ingredients clean and I can usually modify just about every recipe with what I have around.  If you're ever looking for a new book, give this one a browse. :)

I actually had added a pear to the grocery list with this recipe in mind.  Yes, I planned ahead.  I like it that much.

Roasted Pear & Brussels Sprouts
1 Pear
Brussels Sprouts
1/4-ish Onion
EVOO
Thyme
1/2 lemon

Pre-heat oven to 425º.

Cut the end off your Brussels Sprouts then cut in half and toss the leaves that fall.   Do this until you're tired of it or you feel you have enough. :)

Put your cut Brussels Sprouts on a pan.


Cut your Pear into wedges


Add your pear to your Brussels Sprouts.

Cut your onion & add it to the pan.


Spritz your Brussels Sprouts, Pear & Onion with the EVOO
(or drizzle if you don't have a fun little Pampered Chef sprayer)

Sprinkle on some thyme & squeeze some juice from half a lemon then mix it all up.


Put in your pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes.  


Done!


Also on the dinner plate - Sweet Potato Fries.

Just slice & roast at 400º.  That's all I do...


The final plate:

Kale salad with lime juice, mushrooms, tomato, avocado, & black bean & corn salsa.
Roasted Pear & Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato fries & left over Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw

No comments:

Post a Comment