Monday, August 1, 2011

Back to Oatmeal & a Yummy Salad

This morning it was breakfast as usual - oatmeal



I start out with my oatmeal base (1/4 C oats, 1/4 C almond milk, 1/4 C water) nuked for about a minute.
Then I added some chopped frozen peaches, cinn., chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of Agava Nector.

Delicious!!

But not as delicious as lunch...

And I got to use one of my FAVORITE kitten tools...


My veggie slicer!!  It's the best invention ever.  I can make spirals, chips, "noodles", practically anything.  And all while keeping my fingers fully intact. 


I used to use a mandolin slicer.  In fact I used it to slice off a rather large part of my finger.  Now it sits in the back of my big "stuff" cabinet.  You know, the cabinet where you house all those "As seen on TV", this product is going to make my dinner tasty, health & done in less than 10 seconds, amazing finds.  Yup, it's in the back of that cabinet where it will sit in shame for all of time.  Mean, nasty little tool. >:[


But back to my better slicer.  Isn't it pretty?  I usually use it to make chips out of sweet potatoes & beets but today I switched out the slicing option and made myself a cucumber noodle salad.



Into the bowl went: 
1 entire cucumber - fresh from my garden (jealous?).  
Some cherry tomatoes (not from my garden.  My tomatoes are refusing to turn red!). 
A couple spoonfuls of cooked Quinoa (left over from a batch I made the other day)
About 1/6 an avocado
Some raw sunflower seeds
And a BIG dollop of my Spinach Lime Hummas

Then for a dressing I drizzled a bit of Maple Syrup, 1/2 a fresh squeezed lime and a bit of EVOO.

It was AMAZING!!

2 comments:

  1. What are these chai seeds you speak of???

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're a seed that when mixed with a liquid form a sort of gel. They've got lots of fiber and Omega 3 which is always good. :) I bought a 14oz bag and it lasted me for months! Just a little sprinkle here and there. Since Kai can be a bit of a picky eater I love "super foods" I can sneak into her eats. lol!

    ReplyDelete